1. You should always look for a style that will fit you. Find a worktop that will fit in your kitchen and your own taste. Oak is considered by many as a classic when it comes to wooden worktops. Since oak can provide a warm feel and has a notable pattern, it is used in the usual farm house style kitchens. If you want something bold and beautiful at the same time, then you should consider choosing the American black walnut. The American black walnut and its rich chocolate tones will give light things the perfect contrast. If you have a kitchen where you are having problem with light, then you should consider maple. Even if the maple has a lovely grain form, it is still creamy and pale. Because the maple has a very smooth finish, every bit of light will be bouncing back from the surface of the wood.
2. Always invest in a good quality worktops. You should know that there are many worktops out there that would fit the budget of any person looking for one but you should not forget the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”. Those worktops that are very cheap may have a low quality. A wooden worktop of good quality will probably last for a very long time if it is taken cared properly, and it might even add more value to your property if you would decide to sell it.
3. The preparation is important. Before you can use a wooden worktop, I needs to be sealed. These wooden worktops should require a treatment and the suggested treatment is the worktop oil like the finishing oil or danish oil. The wooden worktops will have a barrier that is water resistant because of the treatment process done. You should have the time to properly do the treatment process in your wooden worktops since it is considered as a valuable procedure in order for the worktops to last for a long time. If you do a poor treatment procedure on the worktops, it will have a shorter life span.
4. A perfectly fitted wooden worktop. It is important before you consider fitting the wooden worktops that you make sure the plastering that was done is completely dry and the sides of the wooden worktops have the right amount of oi. You should also consider making sure that you have the right amount of fixing points when you fix the wooden worktops in your kitchen. You should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted in order for your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions.
5. Always have a regular maintenance. You should always consider re-oiling the wooden worktops at least once every six months.